Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

weird things happen to me.


the strangest things happen to me...

so I don't know how to even know how to preface this story.

but,
all I wanted was my house 
DEEP CLEANED.
not like a precious feather duster clean...
like things I don't think about,

the oven/stove/behind the washer/etc.
I have lived here 2 years,
and I will be perfectly honest in saying I have not cleaned under the stove.
at all.
not once.


____


so of course I think it is a little strange to pay someone to do something,
that I obviously can,
but sometimes it is worth it!

so I find a lady.
she seems legit.

we text a few times,
she shows up,
calls her husband to tell him she made it last Friday.
(said they check in with each other when it is a new place, smart!)

well I got ready for work,
she went and got some supplies and came back,
and I was so excited to get home that afternoon to a spotless apartment!!

except I did not...

this is what my kitchen looked like,
as of 5:30pm



literally got home to all her supplies at the front door,
they money still sitting there (that I left to pay her),
stove open,
microwave open,
clothes in the middle of a washing cycle
(with the lid open).

SO STRANGEEEEE.

she literally disappeared. 
no trace.
and no acknowledgment that she was 
1.done cleaning
2. was coming back.

____

I, of course, called her.
no answer.

so I locked up my apartment and headed to the gym.

called her a couple hours later.
no answer.

and now I am beginning to think something earth shattering happened.
death/house burning down/emergency with family/etc.

and then,
11 hours after I met her,
I get this text:






now, I will be the first to say that if my pet was hit by a car it would be a 
HUGE EMERGENCY!!!

but,
no text,
no call,
it was just super strange.

It is weird enough to let a stranger in your house.

but then when they straight up disappear of the face of the earth, it adds a new dimension.

lol

______


so yeah, 
the cat lives.
my house got put back together,
it ends well!






No comments:

Post a Comment