Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

real talk.


december 2007.

I was sitting at lunch in between my first semester of college classes.

my mom called & told me she was following the ambulance to the er, 
my dad had broken his ankle.

when I say he broke his ankle, I mean...
8+ surgeries, muscle graft, skin graft, a halo, infection, weeks in the hospital, etc.

it was a very long road to "recovery", and by recovery,
 it of course has never been quite the same.


my dad is a beast though,
still does karate, rides his bike for miles and miles and hasn't let it stop him.


but,
he is continuously needing surgeries for bone spurs & muscle issues.

so tomorrow (next week) he is getting an
ankle replacement surgery.

-and to say I am nervous would be an understatement-

I don't know why, I think it just takes me back to a place I don't want to go.
and it is hard seeing your dad not 100%.


but,
like many things in life.
sometimes you have to go through a lot of pain and lots of hard work to get where you want to be.

and so say a prayer.
bc this will be another road to recovery for him, but hopefully and new chapter in all of this.


and for that, I am very thankful!





***as it turns out, my dad's "new" ankle did not come in just yet,
surgery postponed for a few more days***

appreciate all the prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment