Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

who is she?! pt. 7


Happy Friday!!

I am happy to say that my dad's surgery went well yesterday & he is at home resting and preparing for the long weeks ahead, pain, and therapy, but in the end all of this will be worth it.

______


This week's "Who is She?!" is my amazing friend, Moriah.
I call her MoMo  :)



We went to high school together, after graduation she studied Journalism at Oral Roberts University in Oklahoma and then moved to Israel to study at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. 

She is currently living in Perth, Australia and is a media adviser for a federal member of parliament (the equivalent of a US Congressman in the States). She basically writes press releases, speeches, blog posts, looks over social media and helps manage his website.

(I just realized how that description could make her sound a bit serious, maybe... I will have you know, she is crazy smart... but also one of the silliest people-she would be highly offended if you took her as "uptight", so don't!)

____

-What is she wearing?
Target. It’s pretty much the only store I buy clothes from. I am easily overwhelmed when I shop because I honestly have no idea what I am doing. I consider myself a relatively smart person, but I often find myself looking at women’s clothing, asking myself, “What is this? A shirt? Dress? Skirt? Sweater? What do I do with this?” I usually just stick with jeans and t-shirts or dresses.


-What is she listening to?
Cage the Elephant, Two Door Cinema, Coldplay and Sin Fang.


-Where is she going?
Currently on a trip to Israel, Thailand and Cambodia for a month, visiting friends and eating a ton of food. “Eat. Pray. Eat.” That is the motto for this trip.
-What is she reading?
a book called, “El Alamein” that my friend’s dad wrote. It’s about how a critical battle won by the Allies in World War II prevented the Nazis from expanding the Holocaust into North Africa and the Middle East.


-What is she working on?
Working on making this trip the best it can be and soaking up this great time with friends.


-Who is she with?
Friends mostly, but I also enjoy spending time by myself.


-What is she afraid of?
Living a boring, unfulfilling life. There is too much living to be done to be stagnated.


-What is she hoping for?
To one day become a foreign correspondent in the Middle East. It’s a region that fascinates me and I absolutely love the complexity of its many cultures and diverse history.


-What is her favorite part of the day?
After work when I am able to work out. I sit at a desk for much of the day, so I like being able to get out and move, whether it’s at the gym or on running paths along the river.


-What is she eating?
Hummus and rugelach (a mini croissant with chocolate swirled in it) every day! Israel makes amazing hummus and the BEST rugelach, so I eat it at least once every day I’m here.



-What is she drinking?
Water, all the time. I drink at least a gallon a day.


-What is she loving?
I love traveling again. I get restless every few months, and traveling provides me with an outlet. I like finding new ways to challenge myself, connect with people from different cultures and broaden my worldview. Traveling does all of that.



-What is she watching?
I am currently rewatching 30 Rock, and am always watching a ton of CNN, History Channel and National Geographic.


-What is her favorite quote?
"Few men are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, the wrath of society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital, quality for those who seek to change a world which yields most painfully to change."
Robert F. Kennedy



_____

MoMo, you are so very brave!
your sense of adventure and hard work are so perfectly balanced and a great example to all of us.

I hope you are enjoying your "eat pray eat" adventure & new hometown!!

____

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment