Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

blessed (weekend pt. 2)

 
 (longish post)

 
I feel really blessed, really often.
 
I know everything isn't perfect, I whine, I get unhappy, I get caught up in dumb stuff- 
 just like everyone else.
 
but sometimes I sit and all I can do is feel really blessed.
 
I had many of those moments this past weekend.
I wrote about some here .
 
but those moments are so much more magnified when you are happy for someone else.
best feeling ever.
 
 
***
 
So I watch American Idol randomly, not an avid watcher, but I watched Season 11 bc I loved Colton Dixon. Def my musical style & he happens to love Jesus,
always a plus in a musician.
 

So I was so sad when he wasn't on the show anymore, but I knew he had so much success ahead.


when I heard about his album coming out, A Messenger , I was super excited & ran to get it.

to add to it, I found out a little later that my childhood friend, David was playing lead guitar for him on his tour with Third Day.

what?! how exciting, huh?

I asked David when they were coming to Texas bc I knew I had to be there.


Sunday night was the show, I almost didn't get to go.
I asked like 4 different people to join me and there was always something in the way of them getting to come (yay for being grownups).

I got a text Saturday night from my good friend Jenna, saying she was going to see
Third Day with a friend.

Needless to say I bought the tickets and drove the 4 hours solo to join them!

***



 photo IMG_3790_zps43c77afb.jpg
(I got the creepy eye thing down!)
 
So the show was AWESOME!
of course.
I don't think the set list was near long enough though! lol
 
 
and then I got to see David!!
 
seriously I grew up with this guy and then he moved off to Nash to pursue his dreams and life took us other places, but I am SO thankful that when/if I do see him, it is still so familiar and he is such an awesome guy.
 
(I'll save him the embarrassment of showing y'all some real old pictures of us with bangs & braces...lol)
 
 photo IMG_3793_zps1996fc3c.jpg
 
and he was so awesome to let us meet the band and Colton!
 
I was trying not to act like a 14 year old girl at times.
bc I was pretty excited and they were all just so so nice.
 
 photo IMG_3789_zps54e0a3a5.jpg
*props to Schyler for a nice photobomb
 
 
and then we headed out to catch the end of the Third Day show.
 
and that's when I had that overwhelming blessed feeling.
 
There we were in a room full of people so happy to be there, listening to awesome music, and with amazing people.
 
 photo IMG_3788_zps4e68d11f.jpg
 
 
It is so great when people turn their passion into their purpose.
 
I am not proud of David bc he plays for Colton, I am proud of David bc he took his passion and turned it into his purpose and THAT is why he is successful.

It was a moment we had talked about for so many years & there we were, living it!

 
 photo IMG_3783_zps2dee4dc2.jpg
 
Seriously such a good time!
 
 
I ended up driving back to H-town that very same day and so I grabbed some coffee @ Jenna's and was on the road again!
 
 photo IMG_3792_zps8403b465.jpg
 
thanks Jenna for letting me get ready, tag along, and steal your coffee!
It is always awesome to hang out with you!! (and Katie is way cool)
 
 ***

 
Def a successful night, if you are anywhere the Miracle Tour is headed, check them out.
Josh Wilson, Colton Dixon, & Third Day.
 
 photo IMG_3811_zpsae74e0de.jpg
 
(I know y'all see some Pittsburgh Steeler action there)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Damn, Nikoma! You are doing exactly what you need to be doing! You deserve every blessing in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Selena! I sure am trying & that means A LOT!

      Delete